Monday, May 31, 2010

Patriotic Window Stars

Summer is almost here! That means it's the perfect time to get a Patriotic Stars craft kit to fancy up the place!

You can make them with the pretty red ribbons that I include and hang them inside or outside your house:


Or in a tree for a festive party decoration:


But if it starts to rain bring them inside for crying out loud!

Or you can skip the pretty ribbon and stick them to the window with the glue dots that I include:


They make cool suncatchers!


AND making the Patriotic Stars craft is also a great way to keep those trouble makin' kids busy for more than half a second.

Because you KNOW you're gonna need some quiet time. I'm not saying the craft is going to give you that quiet time, I'm just saying you're going to need it. Ha! I helped Ella make a star and she talked the entire time. Some days that girl talks from the second she wakes up in the morning until the moment she goes to sleep at night. So, it might not be quiet time, but it's still quality time with your kid. And we can all use more of that.

Ella has made these stars before, and she's also made a ton of the Leaf Suncatchers (which involve a very similar crafting process), so she is somewhat of a professional.

She cut:


(Aren't her little pink kid scissors so cute?)

She spread glue:


And she sprinkled the star confetti:


She made herself into a Star-Headed Sneetch:


(That part is totally optional.)

She arranged just so:


She found a heavy book to keep it all flat while the glue dried:


And she framed:


And she flattened:


And when it was all dry she loved her star:


But she refused to open her eyes for a picture.
"Ella, honey, open your eyes and smile at me."
"I AM!"


Whatever. Anyway, all the supplies are labeled and packaged:


In a cute biodegradable box ready to be opened and enjoyed:



Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

C said...

Hi Darcy,

I think I enjoy your funny, sarcastic comments as much as I enjoy your beautiful, creative projects!! I always get a chuckle as well as great ideas from your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...